IMS provides advanced microwave systems for Industrial Microwave Powder Drying applications, to remove water or moisture from powders. When compared to conventional methods, microwave systems offer several advantages that other dryers may not achieve. Microwave energy penetrates powders uniformly and quickly, allowing for rapid, consistent heating and drying. In addition, microwave system users gain more control over their products and next step processes.
Powder Drying with Microwave Systems
The process of heating or drying powders is no easy task. In some cases, it is monotonous and perhaps it takes too long. When drying powder with industrial microwave systems, moisture removal is easy and fairly quick. As a result, most users report savings of time and space. In addition, they experience much more flexibility within their processing facilities.
Other benefits you can expect from drying powders with industrial microwave systems include:
- Shorter processing times
- Faster and more uniform drying
- Reduced production downtimes
- Increases in production throughput
- Decreases in labor and production costs
- Greater control over the moisture content
- More precise control over speed and temperature
- Reduction in risk of over-drying or scorching the powder
- Increases in production capacity with less work-in-progress inventory
- Elimination of “hot spots” as experienced with conventional equipment
Common Products and Applications
There are several powders proven to react positively to microwave treatment. As with most heating and drying applications, the main goal is to evaporate moisture in a timely manner. In other powder drying applications, the process is slow-moving and product is not uniformly heated or dried. In contrast, microwave systems offer uniformity and speed.
Typically, microwave powder drying is best fit for the following types of powders:
- Mineral Powders
- Ceramic Powders
- Chemical Powder Formulations
As always, we welcome all prospective clients to speak to us about their product and process goals. Our advanced microwave research and engineering teams are always excited to work with you to define new markets or processes.
To learn more about Industrial Microwave Powder Drying, please contact us to speak with our applications experts!